And ‘in process’ we are. Our crappy old patio that we’d learned to loathe over the years is now gone and next week they will pour concrete for our brand spanking new all contoured and other fancy stuff patio that will be a bit more inviting than the slummy thing we finally eradicated.
Of course, with a major undertaking like this you realize there are disruptions in your life and you learn things like there is no point in vacuuming because the dog will track all things loamy through the house. And it will be noisy. Machinery and stuff is like that. But, all in all it’s stimulating to anticipate the change.
Needless to say, a new patio will demand a new barbecue – I’ve been told. Our crappy old black relic will just not ‘do’ in the new venue. So, gone it shall be to be replaced with something all stainless steelish.
And that’s about it for the Piazza Lidster.
A few more thoughts about Easter:
– Why aren’t radio stations flooded with obnoxious Easter songs?
– Why isn’t the marketplace tapping into this and selling bigtime via TV. Surely not all chocolate bunnies are big movers.
– Why don’t we celebrate Easter Eve?
– Why aren’t there mammoth sales on Easter Monday? Surely people could stock up on cut-rate baskets and paraphernalia for next year, and maybe pick up an i-Pad in the process.
– Why don’t people put up Easter lights on their houses? You know, maybe in a purple and yellow motif. Not to mention an Easter wreathe on the front door.
We are in a time of shaky economy, all you movers of junk. Get to it and don’t let an annual event go to waste due to lack of public interest. Make the public interested. It can be bought.
Now, truly, have a Happy Easter!