I did this thing years ago and today, being in a state of blog torpor, I wanted to compare how it was then – about 1986 or somewhere in the mists of time (actually it was 2007) – and now. So, sue me. This was the best I could come up with. Give it a try if you choose. Or not. I didn’t make up the questions and some are pretty stupid.
1. Does anyone know your passwords beside yourself? Nope
2. What was the last thing you ordered at McDonalds? I can’t remember when I was last at a Mickey D. Generally despise fast food outlets and my most recent clincher was a vile semi-food offering at I-Hop in Waikiki last year.
3. Are you an emotional person? Excuse me, but I am wiping away tears. Essentially I am emotional but not hopeless about it.
4. Do you like your middle name? It’s OK. But I’m not about to reveal it. But, it was my grandmother’s surname, so I won’t defile it by disdaining it..
5. Do you believe in love at first sight? You betcha. Have had it happen. Sometimes too often.
6. Does the person you like, know that you like them? I’m only allowed to have such feelings about my wife, so let’s just leave it at that.
7. What was the last thing you did? Typed in the previous entry.
8. Wherefore art thou, number 8? V-8? Eight-ball?
9. Who was the last person you ate with? The memsahib.
10. What song are you listening to right now? None.
11. How’s the weather right now? Dull and grey:
12. Last person who called you? Somebody called ‘Out of Area’. I have a sucky social life.
13. Last lie you told? Can’t remember but I’m probably lying about that.
14. Last song you sang? Baker Street, but it was by me, not Gerry Rafferty.
15. Do you love anyone? My wife, of course, but otherwise I’m not touching that one.
16. Lost a friendship over something stupid? A couple of marriages, but never a friendship that I can recall. And it both cases it was probably stupid, but maybe needed at the time.
17. Last thing you drank? A tall, darkroast Starbucks.
18. Last thing you ate? A crumpet with PB and honey.
19. Where do you wish you were? Snorkelling at Muri Lagoon on Rarotonga, but I want to be transported there rather than having to endure a 10 hour flight from LA which also entails me making my way to LA from here.
20. Faked being sick to miss school? Of course. Didn’t everybody?
21. What time did you wake up today? About 4:30 a.m. Didn’t get up then, though.
22. Last person you talked to in person? Aside from my wife, Judy, one of my favorite supermarket checkout persons..
23. Last person who made you laugh? Max, who isn’t a person, but he often makes me laugh, as he is so genial.
24. What are you wearing right now? Shorts and my favorite old orange T.
25. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? A compelling face I can’t forget. The other stuff is nice, too.
26. S’posed to do something with 26. When I was 26 I was no longer a virgin, or even like a virgin.
27. Where are you right now? At home, at my computer, obviously, or I wouldn’t be writing this.
28. What day and date is it? It’s today. Why should anyone care otherwise?
29. Did you go anywhere today? For morning coffee and pick up a couple of groceries.
30. What did you do there? Drank coffee and bought groceries. Duh.
31. What else are you doing today? Don’t know yet. Like to keep my options open.
32. Are you watching TV? How could I be watching TV if I’m doing this?
33. Are you mature or immature? All the bits seem to be of an adult nature. If you mean emotionally mature, sometimes except when I’m not.
34. Who are you closer to, your mum or your dad? They’re family dead people, but all in all by some point it was probably my dad.
35. Thirty-five. Hmm. Nothing comes to mind.
36. What school(s) did you go to? The ones I attended.
37. What’s the most annoying thing people say to you? So, “working hard or hardly working? “To which I really want to respond with is: “Fuck you. I hate that comment.”
38. Do you like music? All types.
39. Did you want to get married? Probably too often. I know one thing; if I had it to do all over I would have embarked on my first marriage 10 years later than I did.
40. What does the number 40 evoke? Can’t think of a thing.
41. Where did you go on vacation last year? Took a cruise from Vancouver to the Hawaiian Islands. Loved every bit of it.
42. Would you bungee jump? No. Nor skydive.
43. Do you like rollercoasters? Did it once when I was in my teens. That was more than enough.
44. Is there anything you wish for every summer? Sunny benevolent weather.
45. Do you use chopsticks? Of course. It should be illegal to eat Chinese or Japanese any other way.
46. What’s your favorite meal of the day? Breakfast
47. Thinking of someone right now? Other than Jennifer Aniston, nope.
48. Concerned about life right now? Yep. Got an hour or so? Selfishly, my own mortality; my financial solvency; the unfairness of the pension system in this country; climate change, environmental despoliation, asshole politicians who feel they have the right to pick my pockets, overprivilege, greed, etc. etc. etc.
49. Have you ever tripped going up the stairs? Well yeah, but not today.
50. How do you feel about the coming of fall? Probably a bit dreary. I love the summer, but don’t like the fall.